A NEW STANDARD FOR INSULATION & AIR INFILTRATION.
The Ultimate In Air Infiltration and Thermal Performance.
When it comes to choosing insulation for weatherization projects in existing homes, many factors – including thermal performance and air inﬁltration – come into consideration. Many people assume cellulose is the best choice. But there is a better choice – Owens Corning™ PROPINK® L77 PINK Fiberglas™ Looseﬁll insulation delivers exceptional performance for air-inﬁltration control and thermal protection compared to cellulose insulation.
New Formulation. New Dense-Packing Capabilities. New Standard In Performance.
Owens Corning™ PINK Fiberglas Looseﬁll Insulation has been reformulated to make it more effective for use in wall applications.
• Easily installed in walls and improved nesting for compaction
• Can now be “dense packed” into wall at an installed density of up to 2.50 pounds per cubic foot*
• Achieves an airﬂow reduction equal to cellulose, while providing R-value greater than cellulose**
Owens Corning™ PROPINK® L77 PINK FiberglasTM Looseﬁll Insulation Cellulose
Source: Comparative Study on Air Inﬁltration by NAHB Research Center, 10/09†
• Easily ﬂows around obstacles within a wall cavity, allowing for complete and uniform cavity ﬁll, especially for “drill and ﬁll” applications
• Dense packing of PINK Fiberglas Looseﬁll Insulation can be achieved by professional installers using most machines that are currently used to blow either ﬁberglass or cellulose insulation into existing wall cavities.
• Most tested. Most trusted.
At Owens Corning, we apply over 70 years of building science expertise and rigorous testing to every
product we make. Our PINK Fiberglas Looseﬁll Insulation products won’t settle or deteriorate with
age, so there’s no danger of losing R-value over time. It’s noncombustible, meeting all model building
codes for non combustibility. It won’t absorb moisture or support mold growth.‡
Simply put, it’s safe and one of the most effective insulation products you can use in a home.
* Ensure that the wall system can withstand the additional forces before dense packing any insulation material.
** R-value means resistance to heat ﬂow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power. Ask your seller for the fact sheet on R-values. To get the marked R-value, it is essential that insulation be installed properly.
† PROPINK® L77 PINK Fiberglas TM Looseﬁll Insulation was tested using the Volumatic II. Results may vary based on equipment used.
‡ As manufactured, ﬁber glass insulation is resistant to mold growth (tested per ASTM C 1338). However, mold growth can occur on building materials, including insulation, when it becomes contaminated with organic material and when water is present. To avoid mold growth on ﬁber glass insulation, remove any water that has accumulated and correct or repair the source of that water as soon as possible. Insulation that has become wet should be inspected for evidence of residual moisture and contamination, and any insulation that is contaminated should be promptly removed and replaced.
Pub. No. 10011629. Printed in U.S.A. November 2009. The color PINK is a registered trademark of Owens Corning. ©2009 Owens Corning.